Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Horsey Cabinet Face Lift!!

I've told you I grew up on a horse farm. Well, I went out to my parents old barn to shop.  No, they don't make me pay for junk, I just pretend I am shopping.... The barn is next door to me. Low and behold, I found some cool stuff.  Remember the old doors?  I also found a dressing screen, and an old cabinet that used to hold horsey supplies, like fly spray, etc.... Okay, the cabinet was pretty disturbing. It had some serious problems,  like, dirt daubers, dirt, and more gross things, I will spare you....Still, I could see something cool behind it all.  For 2 days, I scrubbed, bleached- yes, bleached! I sanded, I pulled a rotten shelf off the bottom, and painted. She is almost done.  Hubby is makin me a new shelf ( out of old wood) for the bottom.  I still have some sanding and wax to apply.  I think she is going in my dining room to display my pretties. I am becoming attached!  My dining room used to be a school room. Yes. I home schooled.  I am glad I did, but now, that everyone is in "real" school (ha ha)....I am going to make an actual dining room again. We have a big family and it is nice to have another room, to use when everyone is over.  We can split people up, between the kitchen and dining room. I will show yall the slow transformation back to dining room, as we do it.....For now,  here is horsey cabinet face lift, enjoy!!

Eeeeek!
in the scary barn!!

about to start re-hab!


after much cleaning and sanding


She is wearing Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old Ochre

Painted inside back, pale blue, (left over wall paint)....top is stained in a minwax, walnut

More to come, when she is done!

2 comments:

Wendy Barham said...

Oh she is so pretty already. It has always amazed me at how you can invision amazing things in normal, everyday, wornout stuff. You are truly an artist, and I am so thankful for all the things I have learned from you over the years. You should really consider doing classes. I would pay good money to work on a project with your instruction once a week. What a way to get out of the house and have fun together creating something beautiful and useful under the skillful eye of an artist. Something to think about...??

Glitterbugz Makeovers said...

Fabulous! Yes, Wendy, she is an artist.How sweet that God gave you a gift to transform things, just like He does us. He pulls us out of the old barn, cleans us up and brings us right into His family <3