Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Total Re-do!!

Well, I have been painting for 3 days at my "client" friend, Marcie's house. I love Marcie, she is great! She has 4 kids, so we share a lot with each other about the challenges of motherhood and other life issues. She also, has a totally awesome house. They built a couple of years ago, It is craftsman style, but she is more eclectic inside. There are a lot of farmhouse and cottage elements on the interior. All styles I love!  I am so honored, she let me face lift some of her old furniture. She had an old, "south west style" pine table. Not bad, but just not her, and some bedroom furniture that was in great shape, just needed to fit in more with her beautiful new bedroom. I love when people aren't afraid to jump off and do something exciting, like paint over wood!! Ha Ha... So, here are the before and after pics...

TA DA!!!!


french farmhouse


I love how it almost looks like an old door...
 




no glaze or stain, just chalk paint and clear wax


 Oh, I have to show you her bedroom ceiling...It is gorgeous....


This is going to look lovely in her cottage chic bedroom!!!!


One last thing, I had to show how pretty ,her front stoop is and her fabulous front doors!



I adore these doors....they speak for themselves!!

2 comments:

SHERRY HART said...

Isn't it amazing what a little chalk paint can do :)

Marcie said...

Yipee!!!I love my "new" furniture. Beth you truly amaze me with your talents! And how sweet are you to brag on my house.