Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My Photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

100 Year Old Mantle, A Lil Christmas Giddy Up....

Oh Girls,

Monday comes in like a sledge hammer, don't it. Tuesday ain't much better! I did finally get some goods together for my fireplace mantle. My mantle came out of the farmhouse my parents renovated some 20 years ago. The house was about 80 years old then, so my mantle is about a 100 now. One of the reasons, I love it....When hubby and I built this house 12 years ago, we had to put this mantle in.... It is oak, but when we stripped it down, there was some damage, even some burns??? so, I painted her a crisp, glossy white and I still love her that way, although, she could get a surprise make-over! You never know.....It does lend itself to holiday dress up, very well.

 For the record, I just want to state, part of my purpose here is to show you, that it does not take money to dress up your home and feel good about it. I have no money, and have lots of fun doing this.  Most of what you see in my house has been collected over almost 2 decades. It is just a matter of changing things around. I rearrange a lot, and when the holidays come, I really shift the decorations up. Something I put on the mantle last year, may be in the kitchen now. Keeps things fresh, with out spending. I will go buy some cardboard boxes and wrap them, or get some new ribbon, but everything you see has been here for ages....and ages....like me.....Repurpose and reinvent......Here is the mantle, enjoy....love.... next we will talk wreaths, then trees!!!!!




A lot goin on, but hey, it is Christmas!

.79 boxes from Michael's wrapped in left over wrapping paper and tissue paper



Guess I could get some windex and clean the mirror, huh???


my fireplace screen is just wood panels hinged together, it is reversible too, the other side
is brown with some paint technique I concocted, this side I did burlap in the centers. Love me some burlap right now.....




this says Peace.....doesn't photo very clear, but I like Peace.....


3 comments:

Tonya B said...

Love this! Looks great! YOu are so very talented! Thanks for sharing.

Mike said...

I traveled through the seven levels of the candy cane forest, Past the sea of swirly-twirly gumdrops,And then i walked in and saw the most festive mantel! love you

The Rosegarden in Malevik said...

Lovley Post :)
and do not miss.....

S
A
T
U
R
D
A
Y

S
H
O
W

O
F
F

It´s fun :)
WELCOME
HÃ¥kan ( The Roseman)