Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My Photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Vintage China, Stripped Down Wood and a Dining Room on the Rebound

I have been eating, and napping and playing with the my bear cubs. I feel like a big, old, grizzly mama that has been hibernating! I can't believe how fast the holidays have flown, New Year's is upon us, kids will be back in school and I have a bunch of furniture to get ready for sale! I have some neat pieces to show you,  antique makeovers and new furniture face lifts. My business is in full swing and I am very excited about 2012! I gave my page a little face lift on the background and will be adding my for sale items soon. I have been taking some of Christmas down. It will probably take a week to get it all put away. Remember how I told you my dining room used to be a classroom. Well, I am slowly getting it back to dining room status. I am blessed to have had 2 precious grandmothers who loved china, glassware, tea sets, etc...so I have inherited some great things to work with. Also, I happen to love vintage, homey, farmhouse chic things. It all works for me.
  Another thing I want to show you, I know I love to break out the paint, and slap it on the wood. I do know when wood should be left alone. ha ha! I have a hand me down, antique, ice chest. It had years of shellac on it, pretty shiny and very yellow, but not good yellow, it's oak. My husband and I decided to just have it stripped down. I was going to paint it.....but then I really liked the bare wood, and we just left it, as is...gasp.......Here it is, sweet little china saucers, and stripped down ice chest..and my favorite furniture face lifts from A Little Country House 2011....enjoy! Happy New Year Peeps! If you read this.....I really , really appreciate you!

these make me wanna have a tea party.....with little people...


sweet, right....

the cool thing about these shelves, I can change what is on them when I feel like it...


great storage in here!

see, bare wood, but I love...

remember horsey cabinet...from the barn...

Italian Stallion, looking quite chic...


newer, cherry dresser, made to look  oldish...



grainsack inspired table.....










Sunday's Best Linky Party!


2 comments:

Katherines Corner said...

Wonderful post. I enjoyed my visit to your sweetblog Hugs! P.S. I hope you'll stop by Katherines Corner and add your lovely blog to my blog list page :-)

cathy@My1929Charmer said...

I so much enjoyed your post. Yes, I agree I live the ice chest unfinished , it looks really good. Love the horse barn shelf, I want one of those. I also LOVE the Italian Stallion, adn the aqua color in the back. So great, Thanks so much for sharing you inspiration at Sunday's Best!