Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Lookin For A Good Home!

  My sisters came over last night. We had fun. Hubby had to work, so it was us and the kiddies. We ate chicken enchilada casserole in a green chili, cream sauce and for dessert, brown sugar-pecan bars. I got the recipe for those from, The Cozy Little Kitchen.blogspot. They were delicious! We are an eatin' family!! I mean we are serious eaters......Love to get together and tear up some chow! Food is a way to show love, I think.... My sisters do very beautiful, upholstered headboards, check them out at Burlap Street!
I am in prayer right now about how to proceed with the business part of my furniture- flipping passion. I have several pieces finished and ready for sale. I still have 5 more to finish and some little goodies as well. I visited this really cool place, a giant, vintage warehouse about an hour from my home. They would like put me in one of their booths in March. This seems very exciting, but I want to make sure it is right for me and my family. I am praying for God's direction here (not mine). I will let you know what comes next. Anyway, Here is a recap of my finished furniture. All, looking for a good home!!  Enjoy! Love! and Hope you conquer this week!


French Grain Sack Inspired Table


This could be a desk or a great small kitchen table

30's vanity


Funky table


Complete over- haul Cabinet

French Country Dining Table to follow with these!

old cabinet out of my folks barn...used for horse supplies....

complete re-do with ASCP

I was gonna sell, but fell in love hard with this, so I'm keepin, professional hazard!




shabby creek cottage




















r

11 comments:

Reba and Eldarose, sisters, friends and co-bloggers said...

The grainsack table is lovely.

Nice way to incorporate that look.

Thx for sharing.
Eldarose from http://RE-inventedstyle.blogspot.com

Bliss said...

I think my favorite is the shelf from your parents barn. It's too cute to sell!

~Bliss~

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Oh I know it's a big decision to start a business! Good luck! I love the grain sack inspired table and the frenchy chairs!

Sherry said...

I just love that grain sack table and I wish you the best on your decision. Stay Blessed!

Heidi @ homeingreece said...

what a gorgeous table - I love it!! I found you from Tattered Tag :)

Candy said...

The kitchen table is my favorite, but I love all the pieces you're showing. Im new to blogging.....just 2 weeks in, so COME VISIT ME.

Cynthia said...

I like your site. I love your French chairs can't wait to see the finished table too! I love all things French.

Cynthia
www.clochesandlavender.com

Carla Henton said...

Congrats on your feature at Debbiedoo's. http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/
I love what you are doing.
I'm your newest follower on Linky. Please check out my blog if you would like.
Carla
http://www.createinthesticks.blogspot.com/

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Just saw you featured at Debbie's I love your style!! LOVIN that first table! Just became your newest follower:)

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh I love your style but I really love the story of you. Life is funny that way and you just have to laugh. That is how we survive around here. I have four girls 20, 17, 14 and three. When I turned 40 God said Happy Birthday or my husband did as he says and I found out I was pregnant. We live in what we call organized chaos.
Anyway great blog.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love your furniture makeovers especially the grain sack table and the red hutch. I follow your sisters, too when I came across their headboard designs. I am trying to decide if I want to flip furniture, too. Just not sure. Hope your answer comes to you soon. Also, thanks for joining Wow.