Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

We Love, Because He First Loved Us....

In Light of Valentines Day, I wanted to post about Love, but not romantic love, or even friend love. I wanted to share with you just a couple of the ways God has shown His love for me and my husband. We have 5 kids, but 2 are adopted from Guatemala. My Sam, and Mary Elle (we call her Mia for short). I was looking at their pics on the mantle, as I was doing my monthly dusting, lol! I am never ceased to be amazed at what a blessing they are, how much we love them, and how God brought them to us. His providence in our lives and the way he constructed of our family, is proof that He exists, but that He is also, a loving God.  I have a personal blog, Party Of 5, where I have shared our adoption stories,   birth story, and guardianship of our nieces. You can read them if you want, but I just wanted to share a couple of sweet picture memories of Sam and Mia here. The first pic is of Mia, when we had just arrived at the airport, finally home from Guatemala. We had Sam home already. He was 11 months old, when we finally got to bring her home, and she is 17 months here. We held them up to meet each other, and she grabbed him and kissed him in the ear. It almost looks as though, she is whispering something in his ear. They have been like peanut butter and jelly since that day!



See, looks like she is telling him something.....




My best friend, took this picture of  my husband with Sam. He is really trying to run,  and be a big boy, although, he is just 15 months here. Then my mom, who is such a great artist, got the picture and painted it on canvas., I love this canvas. It is personal. It isn't some random landscape or bowl of fruit, which are fine, but they never move me like a picture of a loved one.  When I look at this painting, I always remember that day, and how Sam was running with is dad, and how these are the moments that are fleeting. They grow so fast. Not just fast, but lightening speed....All of these things remind me of the Lord and how He loves us, because none of this would be, without Him...

original photo done in sepia

Sam and his daddy.

1 John 4:19
We love because He first loved us!

Happy Valentines Day

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Just reading this post touched my heart so much!

First of all, I'm so thankful to have the Lord's everlasting love! Thank you for adding the scripture!
The picture your mother painted is not only beautiful, but it's also precious and oozes LOVE. My niece is from Guatemala, too! After much prayer, my husband and I just decided to start the adoption process this year(!!!) after years of trying to start a family! God is so good, and He is writing our story in a way I never could've conceived.
Thanks so much for sharing your family's story of love and hope! Happy Valentines Day
Leslie

Leslie said...

I just gave you an award on my blog! Hope you an come by and check it out! :)
Leslie

Glitterbugz Makeovers said...

Precious, precious love <3

ev said...

wonderful post..Love wins.

stumble here,
ev:)