Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My Photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Shabby Birds and a Nursery Chair

   This is just one of those little occassional tables you find anywhere. You see them all over the flea markets, no big deal. I painted this in ascp paloma gray, (a shade of lavender), then distressed it. It still had zero personality, so I decided to do a little bird design on it, I just found a pic I liked on the internet, then I did my own freehand version of it. I used cream and aqua acrylic paint. That is all. Just some whimsy. This should go in a girl's room!












This is a nursery rocker for a family member, I had to tear it down to the frame, it actually had
horse hair inside....and a really old, disintegrated burlap sack...hmmm......I'm guessing, it is OLD!!
I cleaned it up, attached new chair strapping, new foam, stapled the new, fun, funky fabric
and here it is....ready for baby girl!!!! Enjoy!!


we decided to leave the wood, because every piece in the
room is painted, we liked the touch of wood....


they actually look kinda cute together!!

don't cha love!!!


check out these great links too!






Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

French Country Cottage




Furniture Feature Fridays




shabby creek cottage



TDC Before and After








































9 comments:

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Love the table! Great art work and distressing!

A Lived in Home said...

Yes, loving! Th efabric is so bright and fun!

Drama Mama Lori said...

I LOVE the fabric you chose for this chair!!! So fun! ~Lori

Debbiedoo's said...

Your table is just darling! Love the color and the art work is great. Thanks so much for sharing with the newbie party.

The House at Bluebird Lane said...

Beth,
Both of your projects turned out GREAT! I like that you left the wood on the rocker unpainted. Your table is so sweet and will look great in a little girl's room. I'm a new follower!
Sharla

Allie~The Inspired Momma said...

You did such a good job! I love the paint job on the table. So cute!

Thoroughly Modern Me said...

I found you at Debbie Doos newbie party. The blue birds caught my eye. So beautiful agains the gray. I have 2 adopted kids as well and one older. It's always fun to hear that others ended up with their perfect family as well(although it is never an easy journey).

CJ Foss said...

Love the table, but I'm a birdie fan! You have a great sense of whimsy and fun. Thanks for sharing. Happy Easter. ~CJ

Vivian said...

Great table!