Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

40 Year Old....Dresser....

While cleaning out my disaster of a master closet. I decided to pull out this old dresser and fix it up for one of my kids to use. It belonged to my husband, when he was little. His mom gave it to me when we married. It has been painted, a lot! I have some attachment, cause it was his. I haven't painted it in 10 or 12 years, so it was due for something. I love how it came out. It would be hard to ever duplicate this finish, because I had so many old layers of paint to work with, and distress. I base coated with a color called French Silver(Behr), and did Country Grey(Annie Sloan) on top. When I started to distress, I was able to get down to some old, green, white, and black paint. It all just started coming together and working! It looks really old now! Here he is.......Enjoy!




french silver, first coat

 then Country Grey on top, then ...sanding let me pick up a lot of old colors underneath...


the bottom had a crack, so I used this wood embellishment to hide it

I dragged this outside so you could really see the colors
in natural light

now you can see the distress detail

I still have these pillows for ya! Don't forget Mother's Day!


I love the aged crackiness.....

An old piece we can love again...the point of recycling!!!





shabby creek cottage
Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special
Furniture Feature Fridays




5 comments:

oldthings said...

Dear Beth,
How are you ? Your family?
You've taken a wonderful job with this cabinet. It's nice to have such furniture, using your husband and now uses a child. I think it's very, very sweet. You gave new life to an old piece of furniture.
Olympia

Candy said...

Love it. Why is it we love this well loved, distressed look?? Good Job.

Mike said...

Hope you didn't sand away my KISS logo. You're the best.

Donna Wilkes said...

Love your process of using the coats already on and adding two more, then sanding it! It turned out great! Followed over from Cowgirl Up. I am linking to follow you. You might be interested in my blog - Distressed Donna Down Home - you guessed it, I distress furniture and anything else that stands still!

A Carolina neighbor

Sherry said...

I like how you did this. Thanks for sharing, I'm now your newest follower.