Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Monday, July 2, 2012

Just Sweat Equity

So, I wanted to give my bedroom, a make-over. Like I said in the last post, I haven't painted in 13 years....I painted walls and started rearranging stuff, and painting furniture. No $$$$, just my sweat and recycle ability.... I am on a roll now. I still have an armoire and a big dresser I want to paint, but I'm still obsessing on what colors. I did give my old headboard a face lift. I was going to put fabric in the center, but there wasn't much room for fabric and foam. It was going to stick out past the moulding, in an awkward way..... so I decided to paint it to look like grain-sack fabric. I then distressed it. Then, my hubby hung it on the wall with a cleat, to make it look tall. (lil trick learned from my sisters.) My older sis found this headboard for me at a furniture liquidation place for 50 bucks. It is Drexel Heritage but it had seen better days, and had to get painted. You can see how I painted it at first, but then I went over it with the grainsack, distressed look. I used Old White and Old Ochre ASCP. I really like how the room is coming together, I have to finish some client projects now, but maybe, I will get our dresser and armoire painted when the kids go back to school...whatever....maybe not....I feel pretty arrogant that I got this much done, ha! Enjoy Peeps!



Old color, blue, very dirty, many hand prints. maybe some crayons too... Notice headboard
sat low, and has pickled trim....pinkish....gotta go....

whole thing got painted in ASCP Old White
stripes are old ochre

Me Happy!

looks pink again, that is just my crapola camera....


Vera Bradley bedding, No! Marshall's...I got it last summer
35.00!! Boo Yah!

Pretty Sweet! Gotta love a paisley....

If you keep things pretty neutral, you can change out your duvet cover, or blanket, or pillows
for a different look when you feel like it...for cheap...

grainsack pillow...12.00 also Marshall's


other side of the room, that is done

Found this at Scott's, outside, where the good, cheapy
stuff is...it was brown, I sprayed it white then tacked some linen
up, to hide my junk...lampshade is Wal-Mart, lamp was brass and old, spray-painted
that too!

nick-nacks or knick knacks???

3.00 Yard Sale Painting

Here is why I like this painting...It has some sassy lil french girls, wearing berets
and swing coats, as they walk down the street. Kinda reminds me of Marlo Thomas,
from That Girl.....remember that show???

I need a nap!


                                                         Linking up with these great blogs












My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia














{Primp}
shabby creek cottage




Furniture Feature Fridays

8 comments:

Jennifer McAfee said...

Love it!!"

SaySay said...

You're so smart...:) Beautiful.. I love it!!

Kelly said...

I love how great and french looking your headboard turned out! I also love your new bedding and pillow you found at Marshall's. I'm going to have to go there some time. It has been years since I've been. Have a great 4th of July today! Thanks for popping in to see me too.

BIBY said...

MUY BONITO!

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

This is lovely--I really like the grain sack pillows and the neat side table in particular! Thank you for sharing your project with us.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

It's lovely~ thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

Terry Moore said...

Love how the French headboard looks like it's covered in a feedsack with the stripes and is complimented with a real feedsack pillow! Great idea.

Leslie said...

This is such a pretty room! I love the changes you made. Haha, I understand about the way cameras don't do justice. I feel the same way much of the time!
Keep up the beautiful work!
Blessings,
Leslie