Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Chloe and Her Sister....




I found these chests for a client's master bedroom. They were in need of some up-cycling, but that is what I do.... They turned out really nice. I put a little french spin on them, cause they just lean that way. I don't usually name furniture, but here is Chloe and her sister....French Linen with Old White and a special mix of espresso colored wax to wash over it. These will fit in with a traditional atmosphere, or a shabby vintage look. They are versatile and timeless. I hope she enjoys these for a long time! Enjoy!


This is where we start....Ya need some help, Chloe!

I want to show you the difference in the raw color and after when
we add the espresso wax...

Very subtle, but needed...It looks finished now..

Ready for a new home!

Let's imagine some pretties on top!!

wonderful details, that dark wood sometimes hides...

just missing the beach for a second....

picture yourself having a lil coffee in bed in the morning....



I do sometimes change the hardware, but these drawer
pulls were very pretty and appropriate to the look....




Linking here



French Country Cottage




Furniture Feature Fridays

5 comments:

Mike said...

Awesome job.

suzyq said...

These would look absolutely perfect in my bedroom!
Beautiful job
:)

Kelly said...

You did a great job transforming those chests! I love that new color combo. Grey and white are my favorites. I'm sure your client will be amazed with how good they look!

TheMoonAndMe said...

I've been looking at grey a lot differently lately. I really like the shabby/feminine look these have now. Very nice job!
Kelly

Dee said...

Love the color combination. You did a beautiful job. Dee from My Painted Stuff