Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

If They Can Do It, So Can We!

Do you love Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware and Ballard Designs?? Me too! I just can't afford it, cause I have 5 kids and their prices are crazeee....to me anyway....I have told you before, that with some patience and ingenuity, you can copy these designs for a fraction of the cost. If you aren't a crafty person or don't have time, then you can surely call me, and I will do it for ya ;) I enjoy the challenge of a not so great piece of furniture.....It can be turned to something you will love, and you don't feel guilty about the cost. I encourage You to try a transformation! If you mess up, start over! If you mess up still, then get someone to do it for ya! No big deal, right! Now that I have shamelessly promoted my services, here is my latest makeover. A dining set for an in-law suite. It isn't a true set, the table and chairs are from different worlds, but it makes you love it all the more. I have been slow as molasses, trying to get kiddies ready for school, so it felt great to finally complete this! Enjoy! and all you moms out there, Happy Back to School Week!






Pottery Barn...Table is 899.00, chairs are 189.00 each....
just sayin.....they have a better camera than me....I will
concede that...





old chairs, with oil based paint.....I loathe oil based paint......it's evil....

Bare Naked!




Before of table, not bad...but you know I'm gonna paint the fool
out of it.....


Darling, right??

I love you, but I have to give you up.....

Country Grey, a favorite of mine....

A little antiquish trick I do...

Someone will enjoy their coffee here...


I like to see it all pulled together when I'm done...

just a side note, this is a coffee table, I use it as a bench...you can too...

I don't distress everything, but you can tell when the furniture will be better, if you do....




I love numbers right now, just think it's cool...



Yes, I write like a 2nd grader, but I make up for it in other areas;)


Try something new!!!


{Primp}
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


http://debbie-debbiedoos.com/vintage-inspired-bridal-bouquet.html#comment-70024

Furniture Feature Fridays

6 comments:

Connie said...

I absolutely love your re-do. Isn't it wonderful when you can take an inspiration from a top notch catalog and do it your way for pennies on the dollar. Bravo!
Come on over and check out my latest re-do. Connie :)

Donna said...

You are truly talented, Ms. Martha Stewart! I love all the transformations. Looks like I'll be hiring you again real soon, my friend!

oldthings said...

Hello ,dear Beth
Another great job ! The dining set looks like wonderful with a touch of the past !You are so busy with your kids and you can do all this job !
Congratulations !
Olympia

Heather @ The JUNKtion said...

The table turned out great! I think it's the perfect color and the perfect amount of distressing.

suzyq said...

LOVE love love this transformation - beautiful job
Definitely your newest follower - would love to have you drop in sometime and follow back when you can
:)
Hugs,
Suzan

Angie said...

I actually like yours better than the PB picture because you put some love into making it. Very pretty table with the gray too. I like some things distressed and others not...you are right that you just know when a piece needs it. Your blog is very cute and I am glad I found it.

Hugs, Angie