Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Saturday, August 18, 2012

My Office




My sister got this desk from a friend, who got it from Goodwill. She didn't want to mess with it. I wanted to sell it after, I recycled it, but I actually need a spot to sit in the kitchen and pay bills, check email, etc....My mini-office. Again, this thing was covered in oil-based paint, my arch enemy....It wasn't worth stripping, so I painted over with my other bff, chalk paint. Sweet chalk paint, that covers a multitude of sin left behind by other painters....I used my own mix this time, it is like old ochre, maybe a lil lighter. Then I sanded, and left a little of the red peeking through in some spots and added new hardware. Oil-rubbed knobs. The desk was missing most of the original hardware, so it called for new. I like it! I think it is a super- cute spot to work on now! Enjoy!













Who am I kidding...If you wanna buy it, you know I will sell it...



SouthernHospThriftyTreasures copy_thumb

http://southernhospitalityblog.com/thrifty-treasures-8-19-12/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: southernhospitalityblog/PQqu (Southern Hospitality)

8 comments:

Holly @ Bella Nest said...

Whoa... you're my hero for tackling that red paint! Your desk (or possibly someone elses) looks terrific! Great job!

Mike said...

Please no sell.

Angie said...

I love it with the red peeking through! I would keep that if I were you...looks like a good solid piece.

Kat said...

hi...love your furniture re-dos! you have a lovely blog, love the pics and all the up cycling you do! ps thanks for stoppin by my blog and your lovely comments! hugs =^.^=

Katherines Corner said...

Wow! it looks wonderful. I have been on the look out for a desk for my art room. xo

Rental Offices said...

These pieces are great in creating a unique office space! Thanks for providing these pictures and keep your ideas coming! :)

Blake Mitchell said...

Your new desk looks so cute, indeed! And I liked it even better with white paint. You did quite a good job there, but I understand if you still want to sell it. But what will be your new office then?

Innovative Office Interior Solutions said...

That desk transformation is just stunning! :) Thank you for sharing this post.