Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Queen Anne





Not a huge of fan of Queen Anne style furnishings, but when it's painted, I can love it. I especially like a chair of this style, painted in a really bright color with a funky fabric on the seat. I am looking to do that real soon. This was a Goodwill find and a fixer upper. The client wanted black and I think it turned out very smart for her. It should be a versatile little table, she will enjoy for awhile. Keep to the classics people. When revamped a little, they don't disappoint! I have some exciting makeovers coming! Dining room pieces and more! Stay tuned!




a little outdoor set up
 
 

this is some of my concoction of chalk paint, the color is Tuxedo Tie

Summer's End.....



My hubby grew these watermelons, and they came
out tiny. They still taste good. just thought it was cute
and like the color....

Basket from Marshall's, 10.00

Old Pitcher.....


Happy Labor Day! You need a break!







Linking Here
!Furniture Feature Fridays








SouthernHospThriftyTreasures copy_thumb

http://southernhospitalityblog.com/thrifty-treasures-happy-labor-day/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: southernhospitalityblog/PQqu (Southern Hospitality)




 

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
 
 
 


{Primp}

7 comments:

suzyq said...

Looks beautiful in black - love it!!!
Hugs,
Suzan

Leslie said...

Perfect timing! So glad you posted this, because I have that exact table in my sitting room. I've been wanting to paint it for some time to give it new life, but I've been way to scared! (Rather new at the painting furniture thing...) but you gave me a great idea. Thanks!
Blessings,
Leslie

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Very pretty makeover and beautiful setting!!

melissa @ daisymaebelle.com said...

The table turned out great! I agree with you - stick to the classics. I just passed up a similar table at my Goodwill last week. . . I knew I should have bought it! Life to the full, Melissa

Cindy said...

It looks great in black! I love your vignette too, very sweet with hubby's watermelon.

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

The table turned out great. I have one like it and didn't like the height so I had someone take the top off and added it to a a set of legs from a slightly taller table. I have meant to paint it but just haven't done it yet. I like the color you used so that might be perfect for my table, too.--- Shannon

Michele said...

That table has a new lease on life. Its owner should get a lot of use and pleasure out of its transformation with the excellent job you did.