Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Monday, October 1, 2012

Shabby TLC



   My 5 kids have been home from school for fall break, and just went back to school today! So, no blogging for awhile, just doing fun family stuff. We had a nice relaxing break. We did a camp out,  watched movies, made sweet treats, etc....I love those wild, crazy kids! Now, I am back to work. Here, are the latest 2 projects for my clients. One is an old, out dated, tv stand- turned fab nightstand. The other is an old rocker, that was handed down thru the family. It was pine, I painted it creamy white and distressed it, to emphasize the age of it. I love them both! Enjoy!




before TV stand, had a shelf that rolled out
I removed it and made another shelf

had an ugly backing that had a hole for cable wires
 

Replaced old back with beadboard

new shelf, MDF board...

Now we have pretty storage!

Pretty, glass, vintage knobs

Old Rocking Chair, I forgot to take before
pic, Sorry! I am sometimes very forgetful....

Charm

Shabby Love

from tacky to elegant...You can do this too!


Create something!

Old made lovely!

Love your old junk again!

We have a fun bathroom make-over coming soon!




Linking Here!
 
 
TDC Before and After




My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

 
{Primp}
Furniture Feature Fridays

French Country Cottage

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

14 comments:

Kristin Davis said...

Beautiful work, Beth!

Bluebell Woods said...

I love seeing what can be done with things, some people have such a good imagination. I love what you did with the TV stand. Awesome. Will be back and following you
Janice

JP said...

I love your lovely re-do!

Mike said...

Lookin' good!

Mike said...

Lookin' good!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Such a lovely makeover...thnaks for sharing it at my party.

Blessings,
Linda

A Vintage Fairy said...

Great makeover! I love the TV stand!

Heaven's Walk said...

A little bit of paint works wonders every time, doesn't it? Great job on these sweet projects! :)

xoxo laurie

Shabby chic Sandy said...

You did an amazing job on these projects! really impressed how you replaced the back for beadboard. Adds a lot! You did a lovely job of staging them too--looks great!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love how you redid that tv stand, Beth! I had one {pine} that was my son's in our old house. When we moved I brought it to use as a night stand in the guest bedroom. I painted it also so it would fit in better. Yours has a much nicer curve to the bottom. They do work great as a night stand, with a little more surface space.

oldthings said...

Hello Beth ! How are you ? Your family ? I hope well ! I watch your blog and you are very busy !You have made so lovely work with the furniture!Thank you for your nice words !
Olympia

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Beth,
I will be featuring you at my party on Monday...feel free to grab my starfish featured button for your blog (it's under my header).

Blessings,
Linda

Rebecca said...

oooh the pop of blue gives it so much character! found you at miss mustard seed! there's a party at my place, if you feel like linking up!

Lisa said...

I'm happy to hear that your getting to spend time with your family.