Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My Photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Monday, December 10, 2012

Our Old Mantel and the Giant Tree





I love our mantel. It is not fancy, nor is it big, but it was built around the early 1900's, so that I love! It always spruces up so nice, for anything we celebrate, but especially Christmas. I love to look at it glimmering in the Christmas lights at night. Country hubby wanted a big tree this year. We do have high ceilings, so I said ok...well, it was kinda like Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase...I thought it was gonna burst out the windows of our house...it is huge..ridiculously huge, I don't even have enough stuff to go on a tree that large....but It is Christmas, so what the heck..He wants big, he got big!



I have some old trays, they are tarnished, but I like them tarnished..
I wanted an old look...like old english country??

a little elegance, usually I do kidsy stuff...which I like too..


Love a fresh Rosemary tree...

some fresh garland...good smells going on..


Big tree!

 
 
 

touches of burlap and plain greenery...






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Your mantel is beautiful! It looks like it would spruce up nicely for every holiday!

Homa Style said...

Beautiful mantle
Homa Style is having a 12 Days of Christmas link party going on now.
I would love it if you linked up your mantle.
The link is http://homastyle.com/wp/2012/12/01/12-days-of-christmas/