Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My Photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Coffee Trunk?



My friend Julie, had this old trunk. It is a family hand-me down and she wanted it painted. It was a yellow-orangey pine. It was begging for a painting! Now, I am having a serious need to keep this thing! It looks so great in front of my sofa! I must find a trunk now, for my coffee table. I haven't had a coffee table in years. I got rid of it when the kids were little, cause my little girl actually cut the inside of her lip, falling on the corner of my old coffee table. We just haven't had one in so long, I forgot that everyone is big enough, not to fall into it now, ha ha ha! I like items that are unconventional too. An old trunk, a cutoff  kitchen table, pallets, etc....I am on the hunt! I may even paint it this same color scheme....We will see! Enjoy your trunk, Julie! I am gonna miss it, lol!




I use a color called Sauna, over a base coat of coco, then light distressing
and half clear-half dark wax







 
cozy.....



http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/2013/01/feathered-nest-friday_10.html#more
 
Homespun Happenings
 
 
Furniture Feature Fridays

7 comments:

a house full of vintage said...

Really cute...love the color! I have also put away the coffee table because of my small children but love this idea!

Decora Adora said...

Good work . The color is beautiful . I love you blog
Angelica

Muffintopmommy said...

You are singing my song---I have not had a coffee table in so long. My youngest will be 4 in a few days, and he has the scar over his eye to prove why I took the thing away! I am ready though I think--that's a great trunk!

Is that an Ikea sectional, btw? I'm contemplating picking one up and would love to hear how you like (or don't like!) it?

Tammy said...

I love old trunks too! It does look awfully nice in your house :) Thank you for sharing this at Rustic Restorations Weekend!

Holly @ Bella Nest said...

How cute! I don't blame you for wanting to keep it! I went years without a c.t. too, but love it now that we've gotten one. It serves as a kitchen table, an ottoman, & storage!

Connie said...

This is so country chic . . . I love it. I also, love, love, love what you did in your bathroom.
It is gorgeous.
Have a marvelous day.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Lisa said...

What a cute coffee table.