Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My Photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Cottage Kitchen Renovation Part 1



Hello Peeps! A Little Country House has been hot and heavy in a kitchen reno. We are loving it. We are going to be there for a year..just kidding...We actually got this central/cabinet area done in about 8 days. Next, the breakfast room, then the mudroom..Super excited to get to do it! Carla has a 70's ranch home. We have decided when we are done it will be a charming cottage! A little farmhouse and nostalgia thrown in for good measure. She is the one, with all the really cool, old stuff. The 100 year, old door, turned headboard, etc.. Back to the kitchen...This was very satisfying to do, because the cabinets are from 1979 and they were ready for the graveyard...but, No...let's paint em! We painted cabinets, and then I got crazy and painted the tile back splash too! I will paint your dog if he stands still long enough...and we decided to leave the doors off a block of cabinets, to open up the space and bring it up to date...It is more airy now. Carla has some beautiful dishes and kitchen wares...Now, you can see them and enjoy them, Folks, if you got pretty stuff...use it! I think her and her sweet family are on the way to enjoying a "new" old kitchen......stay tuned for more!



Before we get started.....are you sucking in the 70's here?

I see potential...

It's gonna get worse before it gets better....hang in there...
notice the flourecent light...gotta go!

Hello Baby!!!

Light, Bright, and Delightful....

this is where we left off doors....I am in love with this idea!

the other side..look at all the great stuff...
I want a cup of coffee and a treat, right now!!

Let's have a fiesta with all the fiesta ware!!

New light...yes darling!!

Don't be scared...paint the crap outta your old tile...
it is cheaper than new tile....

who wants to do some dishes...I wouldn't mind standing here

I love this bird! courtesy Jo Elliott, artist
Lots of cabinetry....lots...i'm not even showing all
of them yet..

more kitchen
 



whimsical knobs...


more pics to come when whole thing is done! Thanks for looking!!



Sharing here!


http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2013/01/wow-us-wednesdays-103.html?utm_source=feedburner






shabby creek cottage




 




Furniture Feature Fridays
Fox Hollow Cottage
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

8 comments:

Our Little Orphanage C said...

This is such a great makeover! It's so much brighter now and I'm sure you are thrilled with it. Perfect choice on the knobs, love em:) Congrats on the new look

Shelia said...

What a wonderful kitchen redo you have! Your kitchen looks so much bigger and I love it!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Designing Domesticity said...

You've made a lot of progress. Looks great. Can't wait to see more. Thanks for sharing, liz

Martha Berry said...

looking awesome

Kim (TheKimSixFix) said...

Wow! What a difference. I would never have guessed you had a 70's kitchen now that you fixed it up. So pretty!

Connie said...

Your kitchen make over is fabulous! So very country chic:)
I love it.

Shannon Fox said...

What fun changes! I bet it feels so fresh and bright with the new white paint. The knobs are super cute :)

Mike said...

Oh yea!