Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My Photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Vintage Door Turned Headboard




 I know this has been done a bunch already. Turning an old door into a headboard, but this is a really old door. It is at least 100 years old, and it belonged in the home of my client's great grandparents.So there is some history and nostalgia. This door had been sitting in my client/friend, Carla's barn for the past 30 years. A very "strung out" 6 panel door, lol ! I had hubby pick it up, and we went to work.
I don't know if this is right, but I always bleach and scrub stuff that has been in dirty places for a long time. I have to, it's the OCD in me....So, after a good cleaning, hubby cut some lovely molding to trim out the top, and he made a cleat for back to hang on the wall, so it hangs right over top of mattress. Then, I worked magic with paint and wax..and a little caulk...Caulk, one of my best friends..it is like love, it covers a multitude of sins....and at the end of the process, Here she is!




the beginning

incredible wood grain

after adding top molding. This door was petrified, solid, so no cutting
of the door, we left the width cause it was right for a king bed.



Annie Sloan Old White, with some of my own mix of base color..
to enhance the shabby chippy look...




 


 
 




My client loves red, so we are going with it, this
is custom bedding she had made earlier, I think it
showcases even better with the great headboard!

Coming soon, a kitchen reno for the same gal!
More cream and barn red coming!
Stay Tuned!




http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/2013/01/feathered-nest-friday_31.html#more

French Country Cottage
 
 
 
Furniture Feature Fridays
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

7 comments:

Mike said...

Lookin' good!

Town and Country Gals said...

Beth,
I love old doors, have 3 in my house and red is one of the main colors I use along with browns and greens. The headboard turned out amazing and looks fabulous with her red bedding! Wonderful job!
Rebecca

Martha Berry said...

It's awesome. I love it. I love red too. Can't wait to see the finished kitchen!

Debbie Booth said...

That turned out great! I love old doors and yours is wonderful.
Blessings
Debbie

Vernie Herr said...

That’s a huge star! Where did you get that? Anyway, it was a good and cost efficient idea to transform your old door into a headboard! It’s so wonderful and I want to make one too.

Gabrielle Jeromy said...

Whoa, that’s a really really old door you worked with. But it really looks great! It’s good that the size is just right for the headboard of a king size bed. You did an amazing job!

Gabrielle Jeromy

Terence Watthens said...

I think you did a really good job upcycling that old door into a headboard. It suits the room well! You are very resourceful and creative indeed.

Terence Watthens