Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Chicken Coop Chic



Hello Peeps! We were on winter break with the kids, so I have been on break from furniture/home stuff as well. It is good to be back at it, though! My client/friend found this great cabinet. I call it chicken coop chic. Gotta love some chicken wire, right? It is old and somewhat jacked up in it's construction...but it is loaded with charm.
The floor of the bottom shelf, had some weird overlapped , un-even plywood, so I pulled it out and saw the old floor under was rotted. Hubby cut a piece of mdf board for the bottom, and she is cured.
My client can actually store cool, vintage items in there now. Baskets or whatever! I cleaned her up and painted the outside Annie Sloan, French Linen, and the inside, Primer Red. I have not used Primer Red before, but I am very in love with it now...such a different, shabby kind of red...a soft red, if that makes sense...Okay here she is Chicken Coop Chic! I am having a little cabinet envy now....


Old and Dirty is no way to go thru life...

I have a vision for you, Chicken Coop/Cabinet

Who acted crazy with silicone caulk and cardboard and 85 screws??
Someone was in the moonshine and decided to work on this...
Easy Fix here, give me my crowbar...

Hello Darlin.....

Look at you, all sassy now!

oh, you want some pretties???

we have a nice floor now....for baskets and such!

table linens and fine dishes

I'm gonna miss you!

You were a gem, hiding underneath

I may have an addiction to vintage linens....

Thanks for stopping by!
A Little Country House would love to help you
realize a vision with your furniture or room decor.






http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/2013/03/fabulously-creative-friday.html








 
Furniture Feature Fridays
French Country Cottage

http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/2013/02/feathered-nest-friday_28.html



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

5 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

What a fabulous piece!!

Paulette Bunn said...

As usual you talent and vision has expressed itself in turning trash into treasure.

~ Liz ~ said...

Nicely done. Such a cute piece!
Liz

Art and Sand said...

My midwestern farming ancestors would probably laugh to see that people are using chicken wire as "decor". It is fun to use things in ways they weren't intended.

Love the cabinet.

chateau chic said...

Great transformation!! Love the chicken wire you used on the doors.
Mary Alice