Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls....



Ha Ha! That made me laugh...I easily entertain myself. I just finished this 30's waterfall style
vanity and nightstand. I am normally not crazy about waterfall style furniture however, this I really do like.
My client inherited this from a family member, It was super old and in super bad shape. It was almost ready for the burn pile...It tried to kick my butt, I prevailed! I am glad they chose to let me paint it, cause it would have been impossible to replace all the veneer ,trim etc.. I had to rip a lot of bad stuff off, and then replace with some new pieces of molding, backing, and used a fair amount of wood putty, glue and clamps. It was very similar to plastic surgery. Hee hee hee! Here she is, restored, beautiful, and ready to be admired by her owners. She has been through the ringer. Please be kind to her.  Holder Family, thanks for letting me bring her back from the dead! Oh, and these photos are minus the new mirror that is coming. The original one was broken.  Enjoy both pieces! I feel triumphant!










Before pic, many years in the basement...

wood veneer, bubbling up...



I see your potential anyway!

You will be covered in a fine shade of turquoise!

starting on the repair phase.

You are so much better now!

PRETTY TURQUOISE!


New "old" knob!

Hello Pretty Girl!



Beautiful details on this piece..

Turquoise does suit her well!

at first, I didn't like the hardware, but after cleaning it, and removing
the plastic, art deco cup that was underneath, I love them!


check out the smooth lovely sides now!



She will be smashing with her new mirror!
I would love to sit down and get ready here!


Thanks for stopping by!


French Country Cottage
 
Furniture Feature Fridays

4 comments:

andrea@townandprairie said...

Love it, just what the doctor ordered! Love it even w/o the mirror- just string a cord up in between and hang some photos. Such lovely handles, too.

Mike said...

One of your best works, lookin' good!

Becca Diestelkamp-Woodham said...

Looks great! Love that color!

Ann McLeod said...

Love it! Great job!!