Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Monday, September 2, 2013

Summer, Please rewind....



This is just a little personal, and to clarify something, for those who may wonder or not...Here is the short recap. 4 and 1/2 years ago, our nieces came to live with us. Mike and I already have 3 children. 2 are adopted from Guatemala, and the 3rd was the surprise that I gave birth to...So, you can imagine, the last 4 & 1/2  years with 5 kids. Hectic, sweet, stressful, life-changing, hard and precious at the same time. After much prayer and guidance from the Lord, our nieces have reunited with their biological father. We always prayed it would happen for them, and it has turned out to be a  good thing. We love them and were glad to be able to care for them, when they needed it.  That being said, I had a beautiful summer with my 3 kids. It has been so long since we were all alone together, just us. It felt like a dream. The summer has flown at warp speed. Maybe the shortest summer I can remember. God is good to us. In hard times and in plenty. He is our rock and salvation and the giver of our dreams and the keeper of our lives. Looking back, I can see His purpose in the past several years and the plan laid out before us. I am grateful to all the people He put in our path, who were a part of this journey.

Thank you Lord ,for the sweet summer of 2013. Memories were made that I will always cherish, watching my little people grow big. Summer camp, baseball games, swimming, movies, campfires, s'mores, and the beach! We soaked it all up and then some...I love my tribe! Now, on to home school. Yes, I said home school... I am crazy like that....but, I am truly excited to watch them learn and am thankful that He is allowing me to do it! All by God's grace.



                                               We will be ready for more of this next year!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and....still more furniture and room makeovers coming...
Believe it or not....
 
 
 
Psalm 34:8
Taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes
refuge in Him. 

2 comments:

Mike said...

I love you, you're the best.

Leslie said...

What a beautiful story to glorify God!! Clearly you have a special family for you to follow the Lord's leading even when things are so difficult.b I'm so glad you have a wonderful summer with your children!! Also, thank you for that very sweet note you left at my blog. :)
Blessings,
Leslie