Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Girls, Girls, Girls


Melissa Fillingim is middle child of her family, like me. I love her. She has a dry and quick wit but a tender heart. Melissa has mad tennis skills! She is a special woman and it has rubbed off on her 2 beautiful girls.


Girls, Girls, Girls

I am the middle child of 3 girls.  I have 6 nieces and 2 girls of my own.  I consider myself extremely blessed to be apart of such a loving group of estrogen filled ladies, but with such a blessing comes responsibility and true dedication.  After having my 2nd child, I dreaded the thought of going back to work, my heart was at home raising my daughters.  After many long discussions with my husband we took it to prayer and God answered that prayer.  I remember having a balance on my credit card and after taking a small package with Delta that paid my balance almost to the cent.  Thank you Jesus...that was the happiest day every..leaving work, picking up my girls and going home!! I look back with precious memories to hold on to.  No money... but all the time in the world.  Thank you Lord for that time, I wouldn't trade it for anything. 

I had an overwhelming and unrealistic desire to protect them from anything and everything.  Looking back I spent way to much time worrying about if I was doing the right thing or how they might be affected by me doing the wrong thing. This took me down a path of terrible anxiety and hurt my walk with the Lord.  Matthew 6:34  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own. I also look back wishing I would have talked less and listened more and considering that sometimes you have to make mistakes, feel the pain of those mistakes and learn from them instead of your mother trying to prevent you from feeling any pain at all. But since we can't go back and change things, I'll just try and do better now :)  

My oldest just recently read me a page from her baby book that gave us a chuckle.  We were having a heart to heart, so I thought, where I was pleading with her to talk to me and ask me questions  instead of kids at school.  I told her she could ask me anything, she said "Mom, I do have one question."  I thought, "Oh no here we go, she's going to ask me about sex and how am I going to answer?" She said "Is Pluto really not one of the planets in our solar system?"  Hallelujah, Praise God, my sweet baby girl has such an innocent mind.  Now that's a sweet memory!!

I am so proud to say that I have 2 strong opinionated, Christian daughters ages 15 and 19 that I could not be more proud of.  They are a reflection of Christ and are a witness to those around them, including me. My oldest desires to work for the Lord as a missionary and my youngest is a spit fire that the Lord will certainly use in a mighty way.  Proverbs 22:6  Teach your children to choose the right path and when they are older they will remain upon it.  They are surrounded by strong Christian Aunts, cousins, and friends.  

Our job is not finished as parents and it certainly hasn't been all rainbows and fairy tales, but we are stronger and wiser than we were yesterday and will be ready for what God has in store for us tomorrow.  My sweet sister shared this passage with me as I went through one of my trials in my life.  1 Peter 4:12  Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you but rejoice in as much as you participate in the suffering of Christ so that you may be over joyed when his glory is revealed.  God is so good and I definitely do not feel worthy of His Grace, but I am so thankful for it.

I look forward to many more years of sitting in the kitchen talking about the days events, mixed with a little laughter and lots of hugging.  I love you all my sweet girls <3

 

3 comments:

SaySay said...

This is simply precious and I love it! I can't believe we're "looking back" on these years :( I am thankful though & you have been a great example❤Love you Lovey & not forgetting "spit-fire" and "Pluto"- my new nicknames for them :) perfect .. C

Sherry said...

I'm so thankful that you have traveled the road ahead of me so that I can see the wonderful fruit of your labor, prayers and tears, and learn from them! I needed to hear that today, "talk less and listen more,"

Burlap Street said...

Thank God for Pluto questions. haha. I would be good to just take a year off from any talk!