Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Jewell


My dad's mom is Jewell. I feel the need to give her much deserved credit for praying for our family to know the Lord. Jewell was not anyone you would pick out of a crowd. Not particularly stylish nor witty ,nor culturally astute.  She was very intelligent and saw things in practical perspectives. She was always kind and helpful. She had 3 children and lived  in a very modest house. She worked hard all her life to help provide for her family. She was a praying woman who knew The Lord as her savior. Jesus was clearly most important to her. This fact left a legacy for all of us. Jewell was fervent in her prayers, that her  family would one day be saved. She always talked about Jesus and even though I wouldn't listen or appreciate her conversing about Him, it did stick in my mind. Later when I trusted Christ as my savior, I remembered things she had said. I think there are family  members including me, alive today because of her prayers. I just have thought of her so much over the years, even more since she went to be with the Lord. I thank her for being the simple ,real ,God fearing ,and praying woman she was. This is her lasting impact on us. We love you Jewell.


Proverbs 31:28-31
Her children rise up and call her blessed;Her husband also, and he praises her:
“Many daughters have done well,But you excel them all.” 
Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.
Give her of the fruit of her hands,And let her own works praise her in the gates.




2 comments:

SaySay said...

What a sweet tribute to Jewell ❤

Burlap Street said...

Jewell's life makes so much sense to me now. I am thankful for her prayers