Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Latin Lover



You've heard of Antonio Banderas, Christian De La Fuente, Enrique Iglesias, but they have nothing on Samuel Holder Carlos Bryant.....I can't write here without telling you about one of the biggest loves of my life. We found out we would get Sam on the very day of our 10th wedding anniversary, he would make his presence known on the most romantic day for us, it is so him....We love the Latin culture. They are passionate, lovers of family, and beautiful people. I don't mean that in a shallow way, but they are. When Mike and I started the adoption process and decided on international adoption, after much prayer, a Latin country seemed like the fit for us, specifically Guatemala. God laid Guatemala heavily on our hearts. After a 14 month process,  we flew there on December 15th of 2002, to get our baby boy! At 12:30 on December 16th, Sam was placed in my arms. He looked at me and I looked at him, and baby...we were in love!! It was later that night before he even fussed a little. He was sick with a cold and Mike and I took turns walking him in the hallway to lull him to sleep. It was so supernatural, like he just knew," Hey mom, you are finally here, it is all good now". We arrived home around the 20th. The best Christmas ever!! We chose the name ,Samuel because of Hannah's story in 1 Samuel 1:20, She named him Samuel  saying" because I asked the Lord for him. " Hannah dedicated her son to God and he became a prophet of Israel.  Not by accident, but by God's hand my Sam is a follower of Jesus and has a firm grasp on spiritual matters. If I teach him a scripture, he learns it and knows it , wants to apply it and certainly wants to tell others too.  He can be pretty bossy at times, especially about God's precepts. I know God is at work in this child. 
Dancing with his mama ( my nephew's wedding)
He is also a lover! He is always loving toward me and likes to tell me I am beautiful,(while he is grabbing the excess fat on my arm)  and it melts me for sure!!!  He loves his family, loves his friends, really does love the women in our family and can be quite charming with them, always complimenting my older sister on her cooking, or planning a day trip with my younger sister, can't wait to see his grandma.  He is a cuddler, and likes to keep tabs on other kids in the family, worrying for their safety. He does have a flare up temper though, He can get really passionate about his causes!! He wants to lead others badly, even when they don't want to go......I love him. I love him like he came from my womb. Sometimes, I truly forget that he didn't. God's plan is so much better than mine. I am so grateful for that fact. I am grateful for this kid, and grateful for God who gave him to us.

4 comments:

Michelle Reeves said...

One of the most beautiful stories I've read!Gods ways are always more wonderful than all we could ever dream of! Sams a wonderful blessing to our family and all who know him!

AJ Collins said...

Beautiful! I love the way you describe this little boy. What a love! What a blessing!!

Burlap Street said...

I cant believe that I didn't leave a comment on latin lover. Sorry I am so late. If you don't know Sam Bryant you are missing out.. he is funny and truthful!
love that kid!

Tricia said...

Beth, you are really a gifted writer! I feel like I have traveled this road with you and even had a small part in it as I prayed for God to bless you with children in His time and His way. You are one of my special success stories! God is so good, and He knows what is best for us. We love you and your precious family!