Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Lay Your Burdens Down


This post kind of goes along with what Georgia talked about in a previous post. Can we take it easy on ourselves and not being so critical and not create such high expectations, some of which we cannot meet.
As women, who are we? We have to be so many things to so many people. right? Spiritually we can get lost in all that. We have to be wife, and we feel driven to be perfect wife, attractive wife, best cook, best dressed, best hair, charming, funny, entertaining....We have to be the best mom. chauffeur, ATM, personal shopper, tracking device for all things lost, nurturer, kisser of the boo boos. Short order cook. We have to be keeper of the home, maid, laundromat, decorator, financial planner. We have to to be good friends. Listening ear, or giver of sound advice, volunteer at the church function,. take the casserole when someone is sick, remember to send that card, buy the gift, etc....and the daily grinds, did I get the dry cleaning, did I take dog to vet, did I pay that bill today, did I feed my child?   ha ha, I usually know if I feed my kids.... Does God desire us to be all things to all men., or do we put that hat on ourselves??? Where is your limit? and when do you finally have to step back and figure out, who are you in all of these things??.. I don't know a single woman, who doesn't strive to be the best she can be for her family, where everything she does is for the benefit of others, but rarely for herself.

 I used to be floored by the Proverbs 31 woman.. How in the heck??? Who is she??? but then as family, jobs, and responsibility grow and our desire to serve God, we slowly morph into her, at least in some areas.. we didn't even realize it was happening!  We are doing a  millions things, but not any of them really as well as we want.so, we criticize ourselves and get down cause we can't be perfection in all we accomplish....and we get tired and we need a break....we defeat ourselves....  but, there lies the beauty of knowing Christ. He wants nothing, from you. There is nothing you can give him anyway. Everything is already his. He just wants you. To be with you, to listen to you, to lift you, teach you, make you to reflect Him. that IS who we really are.  We are girls created to be with him, by him and for him...and that takes us, just asking to be his. He is our peace, and he is a strength to run the race laid out for us.  Come to me all of you are heavy laden and I will give you rest... It all goes back to this simple truth. Being mom, wife, sister, friend, servant, lawyer, doctor, etc...will suck the life out of us. The world and its demands will catch up and leaves us tired and thirsty. Rest in him, he will quench your thirst and get you back in the race.....Life and it's demands are never gonna ease up on us. There will always be a challenge around the corner. A race that seems uphill most of the way. I'm so glad He is taking care of us. The woman I truly want to be, is one who depends on the Lord, in all things.

1 Peter 5:7
Cast your cares on Him because He cares for you.

John 14:1
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Matthew 11:28-30

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

1 comment:

Tinkerbell said...

Thank you, wise words from a wise Mom :)