Vintage Market Design

Vintage Market Design

About Me

My photo
God does have a sense of humor, after years of infertility, we adopted 2 beautiful babies, I later had the "surprise baby"! In the very spare time I have, I love to decorate, paint, and make all kinds of things. I do repurpose old furniture and custom paint furniture for clients. I work with all types of vintage items. I love to make our house a home. I like to see how others do it and share what I do also. Contact me at alittlecountryhouse@gmail.com if you are interested in any products I have posted or if you are local to Atlanta and want a furniture face lift! Love your old junk again!

Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Hiding Place



"Looking back across the years of my life, I can see the working of a divine pattern which is the way of God with His children. When I was in a prison camp in Holland during the war, I often prayed, 'Lord, never let the enemy put me in a German concentration camp.' God answered no to that prayer. Yet in the German camp, with all its horror, I found many prisoners who had never heard of Jesus Christ. 

     "If God had not used my sister Betsie and me to bring them to Him, they would never have heard of Him. Many died, or were killed, but many died with the name of Jesus on their lips. They were well worth all our suffering. Faith is like radar which sees through the fog—the reality of things at a distance that the human eye cannot see."


The above is a quote by Corrie Ten Boom. She and her family hid many Jewish people and Dutch Resistance members from the Nazi's in WWII Holland. Corrie and her family were eventually found out and arrested. Her father, brother and sister died in the concentration camps. Corrie and her sister Betsie were able to smuggle a new testament bible into Ravensbruck, one of the most notorious and horrible of death camps, and through their struggle managed to have clandestine bible studies in their barracks. Countless Jewish people came to know Jesus. Corrie said the will of Christ was her "hiding place" One of my favorite books is The Hiding Place. It tells the true story of her bravery and obedience to the One she trusted, Jesus. If you have never read it, take time to read it, and learn about a real woman of authenticity and how God used her life to spread the love and saving power of Christ.

Who is your "hiding place"?

“No pit is so deep that God's love is not deeper still”
Corrie ten Boom, The Hiding Place

3 comments:

Burlap Street said...

SUPERNATURAL!!!!

Mike said...

King of kings and our Lord of lords

SaySay said...

Love it! Have always been in awe of the story, but have never read the book. I def. need to. Cindy